Seven Bar Jokes Involving Grammar and Punctuation
I found this today via the Behler Blog, who found it in McSweeney’s. They are more clever than hilarious. If you find them laugh-out-loud funny, it is definitive proof that you are a nerd. Safe for underage readers.
SEVEN BAR JOKES INVOLVING GRAMMAR AND PUNCTUATION
BY ERIC K. AULD
1. A comma splice walks into a bar, it has a drink and then leaves.
2. A dangling modifier walks into a bar. After finishing a drink, the bartender asks it to leave.
3. A question mark walks into a bar?
4. Two quotation marks “walk into” a bar.
5. A gerund and an infinitive walk into a bar, drinking to drink.
6. The bar was walked into by the passive voice.
7. Three intransitive verbs walk into a bar. They sit. They drink. They leave.
Like this article? Please consider sharing it or subscribing to our weekly email update! Post any comments and questions below. Bloggers love comments.
Ok, I’m definitely a nerd! I laughed!! 🙂
The first step to recovery Cindi, is facing your problem. There is hope that you can overcome your nerdiness! 🙂
Goodness, that doesn’t sound like any fun!! 😉