So Punny I Forgot to Laugh
I’m a sucker for puns (a pun-sucker?). I laugh out loud at good ones. I’ve found, however, that I am the exception in this respect. Most people are rather inclined to groan than guffaw. Nevertheless, I share the following for those kindred spirits who happen to visit. My thanks to Randi Crumrine, who passed most of these on to me some time ago. I added a few of my own.
- Those who jump off a bridge in Paris are in Seine.
- Shotgun weddings: a case of wife or death.
- Reading while sunbathing makes you well red.
- When two egotists meet, it’s an I for an I.
- A bicycle can’t stand on its own because it’s two-tired.
- Definition of a will: a dead give-away.
- Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
- In a democracy, your vote counts. In feudalism, your count votes.
- A chicken crossing the road: poultry in motion.
- If you don’t pay your exorcist, you get repossessed.
- When she got married, she got a new name and a dress.
- Did you hear about the man who fell into an upholstery machine? He’s fully recovered.
- Did you hear about the glass blower who inhaled? He had a pane in his stomach.
- If you feel stuck in debt, it’s because you can’t budge it.
- A boiled egg in the morning is hard to beat.
- Those who are too big for their britches will be exposed in the end.
- If you’ve seen one shopping center, you’ve seen a mall.
- A midget fortune teller who breaks out of prison: a small medium at-large.
Like this article? Please consider sharing it or subscribing to our weekly email update! Post any comments and questions below. Bloggers love comments.